Sunday, November 19, 2006

Holy pooling, Batman!



Remember this? Well, you won't believe what it looks like knitted up into a sock. It's wierdly insane, actually...












What I don't understand is why it changes? It changes twice. And I don't think it's my knitting, because that's got a short row heel worked using the other end of the ball of yarn. So the main yarn is always worked over the same 64 stitches with no interruption. Then it changes again halfway down the foot. Why? Nothing happened to the stitches, it wasn't even like I laid it down and came back later with different tension. I think it's the yarn. I think it's designed to make you go insane. There was some evil genius at work here. I can't wait to start the second sock and find out what it's going to look like. Ninja, did you know it would do something like this? It's wierd yet strangely compelling!

5 comments:

FrozenExtremities said...

Gotta love the way varigated yarns surprise you, eh? It's a really neat effect the way the pooling changes!

Anonymous said...

It is a conspiracy - the germans are weakening our defences by systematically driving our country's knitters insane trying to figure out their sock variegation.

Anonymous said...

I love the funky way that turned out!

lulubelle said...

It's..different alright. What a strange yarn. Looks neat though.

Jess said...

I agree with Moe- they do it on purpose to drive us nuts. Very pretty colours.