Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I lied...

Yes, I did, I admit it. I lied about my stash. It doesn't suck. It has lots and lots of yarn, rubbermaid tubs full. Some that The Boy and His Dad don't even know about. Merino, silk, linen, alpaca, you name it, I have some. Chunky, worsted, sport, fingering, lace weight, there's some of each. I was just feeling sorry for myself. So, this is what my lying got me:



That's sock yarn folks. Gen-u-ine Italian sock yarn at that. Labelled in German (it's "waschmaschinenfest" and "garantiert filzfrei" people, really! Oh, and don't forget the "extra strapazierfahig". I always wanted strapazierfahig, and now I have extra!). Bought in Germany by the Ninja herself! Yes, that woman truly understands the value of yarn as comfort object. Ninja, you rock. Now that you know the truth about my stash, I am offering to return the sock yarn if you feel it was given under circumstances of false stash representation (stash misrepresentation?). But nothing can take away my knowledge that you cared enough to give yarn!

BTW, when I plug strapazierfahig into the translator I get "strain-able". Extra strainable yarn? Ninja, want to help me out here?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, extra strainable, that's correct - Lana Grossa yarns certainly survive heaps of washing in the machine and way more - it's a great yarn to work with, and these colors are truly gorgeous! Happy sock knitting!

FrozenExtremities said...

Lana Grossa is one of my new favourite sock yarns. And the size of one's stash is all about perspective. What one views as a large stash another may see it as not nearly enough. ;)

Megan said...

Wow, that sock yarn is gorgeous. Must resist since I still haven't completed a pair of socks for myself.

Anonymous said...

Strapazierfahig means durable!