Monday, January 07, 2008

Six degrees...

So I took The Boy to a park to hang out with Nat and L. yesterday. When The Boy and I arrived, there was one other family present at the playground. The mum looked familiar, the kids looked familiar. I'm trying to place them--not from daycare, I'd know the kids' names in that case. Library maybe? Hmm, not sure, and which branch anyway, I've worked in so many... Then I saw the dad, and realised I was recognising a family I've never actually met in real life, but only ever seen in blogdom. And they're not even knitters! So, being in Halifax, where everyone's favourite game is "who do you know that I know and how are we possibly connected?", I introduced myself and said I was a friend of Steph's. It was Mike's wife who made the connection between Steph and the toque!

Anyway, Mike, it was nice to meet you and your family. Us knitters have heard a lot about you from Steph, and we're all following the photo stalker challenge with interest(surely time for another entry? I noticed you had your camera yesterday!).

Yes, it's a small world, here in the Maritimes.

3 comments:

themikestand said...

It goes without saying I was delighted to meet you and your son. Accidental blog-meets are now high on my list of enjoyable surprises (plus: built-in blog fodder!), though I would have to continually get over that feeling that my memory is ever failing.

As for picstalking challenges, I think the ball is our friend Steph's court.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Halifax IS really like that. I've been noticing that sort of thing a lot lately, and I've narrowed the degrees down to about 2 or 3 at a local level.

Funny, Rob and I were passing someone on the street the other day that I SWEAR looked at me as if they knew me. I looked back and noticed a handknit hat on their head. I'm usually good with faces, and I'm sure I've never met them before....

fifisaurus said...

Hahaha! I read Mike's blog about it :) Amazing. Such a small world :)