Monday, August 27, 2007

Knitter's Honour

Okay, thank you to Mrs Happy for pointing these out, or I might have missed them (I'm a bit behind on Cast On now that I'm not on the bus every day, the bus, of course, being my podcast-listening time). I present the badges that I believe I've earned so far:

The “Proselytize Knitting” Badge

The “Knitting Has Forced Me to Seek Medical Attention” Badge
(Level One)


Okay, I admit, I didn't actually seek medical attention, but I did apply a bandaid. Those knitpicks dpns can draw blood!

The “I’ve Knit Items With No Conceivable Practical Application” Badge

Baby mittens. The thumbless kind. Only I was trying to teach someone to knit at the same time, and forgot to measure. Might have made a good thumbless mitten for an octopus. Or maybe a thumbless baby arm warmer. I only made one.

The “MacGyver” Badge
(Level One)


Paperclips rock.

The “MacGyver” Badge
(Level Two)


Straight needles to unlock doors that The Boy has inadvertently locked behind him and can't manage to unlock.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What does it say about me that I think I only qualify for this one: The “Knitting Whilst Under the Influence” Badge. I'd go with, The “Proselytize Knitting” Badge, only I just mentioned my grandmother on my blog and I think that disqualifies me. (although it wasn't in reference to knitting hmmmm...)

Cheers!