Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Moths...

I have been battling moths since Sunday now. I'm using heat (well, the dryer, since we don't have any sun) and neem oil mixed with castile soap (as an emulsifier) and water. Apparently, neem oil is non-toxic (humans use it both orally and topically) but it's pretty much death to bugs, including beneficial bugs. Smells a bit like onion and garlic, not chemically at all, just very, very organic!

I think that there will always be moths in my house. What I want is to keep them from my wool. I'm tempted to spray the wool with my neem oil solution as well--according to various sources on the internet, it doesn't stain clothing, and it can also be used as an insect repellent.

To finish, a fairly recent (as in I'm pretty sure it's from 2008) self portrait by The Boy:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep fighting the good fight, Alison.

Ha - the picture makes it look like the camera was on a table and the boy could just b-a-r-e-l-y see over the edge.