Thursday, March 08, 2007

Day 1

Well, Henry came home with me on Tuesday night. When we got home, The Boy was already asleep, and House Man was watching TV. I decided to introduce Henry slowly, the way you would any new member of the family. First, he met Angus.

That went remarkably well, but Angus is pretty easygoing all around anyway. I was a little more worried about Kitty.

But that didn't go too badly either. Wednesday morning, The Boy was absolutely delighted to find Henry at our house. The Boy has been following Henry's adventures on the internet since the beginning, so he recognized him instantly!

Henry begged to come to work with me on Wednesday. Since I have the great good luck to work in a place full of small monsters anyway (some people call them children), it seemed like a good idea at the time. I had forgotten, however, that Wednesday is Shake Rattle and Read at the library. Henry, it seems, had heard Mrs. Happy gush about her fond memories of Shake Rattle and Read. He was a little impatient for the show to start...

...and was first in line after waiting from 9:00 am on. Needless to say, he made himself quite at home.

That's Henry in the best seat in the house. He doesn't know it, but that's Papa Bear's chair. Luckily, the Three Bears were out for a walk at the time!

Henry, of course, couldn't just sit quietly. No, he had to be the star of the show.

Luckily, Cindy didn't mind sharing the stage with a small green monster! I didn't take any photos of them, but there were more than 80 people sitting in that audience watching Cindy and Henry. He's certainly not afraid of crowds!

After the show, Henry decided to treat my friend Jean and I to lunch. We found ourselves at Ducky's on the Waterfront. I had the soup and sandwich special, Jean had the vegetarian pita pizza. Henry couldn't decide, so he just helped himself to some from each of our plates. He's a real charmer!

While desert looked good, we decided against it (I think Henry might be watching his figure!) Henry insisted on paying the bill...

Henry's treat! Mrs. Happy, I was thinking about this--have you checked your wallet lately?

After lunch, I really had to get some work done. Henry decided to help out.

As you can see, while Cindy was busy on the phone, Henry decided to help out some patrons. I'm not sure, but I think he did an okay job. I did hear a young man leaving with his mother saying "Did you know that the first person to walk on the moon was a knitted blue monster? That's why he said one small step for man, cause he only had tiny little legs!". But I'm sure that was just coincidence...

Anyway, after we got home that night, Henry and The Boy played with trains for a bit. Mrs. Happy, did you know Henry was a big Thomas fan?

After that, it was time for a story and then bed.

I swear, I did wash The Boy's face. That's really a Thomas the Tank Engine tattoo on his cheek!

We all slept well last night! I'll post later about Henry's adventures from today (Thursday). I'm warning everyone, be very, very afraid. Henry managed to pick up some new skills today, and the world is a little less safe than it was before...


Lesley said...

Eagerly awaiting the next installment of Henry's adventures!

And I totally wish I had taken the kids to SRR!

Anonymous said...

The boy is one of the cutest/handsome kids I've ever seen (he and Grace will make a lovely couple someday).

Henry! What fun! Shake rattle and read sounds like a blast.

Steph said...

You can't even begin to imagine how jealous I am that Henry got to spend the day with you at the library.

He's quickly achieving his dreams of becoming a local celebrity!

Steph said...

Oh my gosh - Where's my DEBIT CARD????????