Wednesday, April 18, 2007

false advertising

Okay, I decided to call a new place for pizza today. It's on Quinpool Road. I checked out the yellow pages and the website for this place, and both say "free delivery". When we order a pizza, we just get a medium--The Boy doesn't eat that much. So I place my order, ask for delivery, and I'm told that there's a $15 minimum charge before taxes for delivery. This isn't in their yellow pages ad. It's not on their website. No conditions in either of those places, no "minimum order applies" or anything , just "free delivery". So, I'm starting to feel like Mrs. Yes, but I think I'll be e-mailing their corporate office about this. I'm actually surprisingly annoyed!

Anyway, I'm not going to name them, I'll gave them a chance to at least admit that they're wrong (because we all know I'm never wrong!). But, if anyone has eaten at the new place on Quinpool that is named after two guys, let me know if I'm missing something good, would you?

4 comments:

Steph said...

Um, according to my coworker - you're missing something good. They are her new favourite place - but they don't deliver to where she lives - perhaps you're outside their delivery area?

Alison said...

No, I'm not, I just wasn't willing to spend enough to get them to deliver. It wasn't that the delivery wasn't free, mind you, it was that none of their advertising said "minimum purchase required", it just said "free delivery". The place I ended up ordering from said "free delivery on orders over $7" right on their yellow pages ad, and also on their website. That's all I'm asking for.

lulubelle said...

You go Alison! Call them on their nonsense, or they'll never learn!

Elisabeth said...

Actually, I really don't like their pizza. My choir ordered them because the Treasurer was crazy for them, but they haven't beaten The Pizza Place Formerly Known as Saluzzo in my opinion. The crust was really tough, and there wasn't enough tomato sauce...but I know a lot of people are thrilled. Maybe they're better really fresh.